Sunday, June 8, 2008

I have been encouraged by my children to begin a blog. My wife is skeptical that I (we) have anything to say. However, as I have thought about this, I realize that I am rarely at a loss for words, so I am going to share some of them with you. This probably will not be a place to get a weekly update of what is going on in the lives of the Pearsons here in South Jordan, UT. My wife is right - there isn't a lot to tell in that regard. However, I do ponder about a lot of things. Not all of those ponderings are for public consumption, but some of them will find their way onto this site. I also enjoy taking pictures, although I have no training at all in that area. I will download some of my photography, and I would like to get some feedback on the pictures I post. You will notice when I begin posting pictures that one of my favorite photographic subjects is birds. I am so amazed at the colors and calls and behaviors and diversity of birds right here in my yard. Just this year I have identified 30 species of birds right in my yard, and I just live in a regular suburb of Salt Lake.

1 comment:

Brown Family said...

Rarely at a loss for words is an understatement! Ponderings by Greg is a great topic for your blog . . . wish I had more time for ponderings these days, but to each thing there is a season, and this is not my season for pondering (at least not online), but I do post a lot of pics (more of my kids than birds, but that may also be a season). Glad to have you in the blogging family . . . although I'd like to be on your list. :)